Enabling OCS Users across entire domain RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi there,

I am looking at enabling OCS users across an entire domain rather than via each OU. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Also, if you OCS enable an entire OU and then add new users to this OU they will not "inherit" the OCS settings, so is there a way of configuring the domain/OU so that whenever a new user is created, they are OCS enabled by default.

I though someone might have some helpful suggestions or point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 11:44 PM

All replies

• Do a search in ADUC for all users.  Highlight them and then sip enable them.  There is nothing that will automatically sip enable an AD user but I could probably write a vbscript that could search all users and check to see if they where sip enabled or not.  If not, I could write to the users AD properties to enable them for SIP. 

Thursday, June 19, 2008 2:50 AM
  • Hi Mark,

Thanks for the help. I have also discovered the LCSEnableconfigureUsers.wsf script in the OCS reskit which lets you OCS enable user via groups so rather than the entire domain I can enable specific groups or perhaps even "domain users" and achieve the same result as enabling from a domain level. Many thanks.

Friday, June 20, 2008 4:23 AM