none
About MCPD and MCSD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I want to get the new MCSD: web apps certificate. I passed the 70-480 javascript & HTML5 exam. Is it better to complete MCSD exams track directly(70-486 &70-487) or to certify MCPD: web developer 4 first then take the 70-492 upgrade exam? I knew that MCPD will expire on 31-7-2013 then I knew that it will not expire, and also I can't find a valid dump for the 70-492 upgrade exam.

Can anyone please tell me the best option whether to complete MCSD track or to take MCPD then upgrade? and when will MCPD be retired?

Another question please, if MCPD is retired, can I still take the 70-492 upgrade exam even after retirement?

Many thx in advance,

Mona Fathy

mona fathy

• Edited by Mona Fathy Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:07 AM
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 8:54 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The upgrade exam should expire at the same time as the other exams.

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

• Marked as answer by Mona Fathy Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:23 AM
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 1:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please note that only Microsoft approved exam preperation tests are valid, all other dumps and question sites are not valid and you cannot ask for any recommendations here on dumps other then the official approved preperation tests like MeasureUp.

The MCPD certification is based on Visual Studio 2010 and will not get updated anymore. The new MCSD certification will be based on Visual Studio 2012 so this certification will be the standard for the next few years.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

MCSE:Server Infrastructure, MCSE:Desktop Infrastructure, MCSA Server 2012, Citrix CCIA & CCEE, Cisco CCNA, VMware VCP 3/4/5 Twitter: @dnyvandam http://www.dannyvandam.net

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:07 AM
  • thx for reply. But what about the retirement date of MCPD?

and whether the upgrade exam 70-492 will still available after retirement or not?

mona fathy

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 10:45 AM
  • Hi,

The upgrade exam should expire at the same time as the other exams.

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

• Marked as answer by Mona Fathy Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:23 AM
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 1:02 AM
  • thx for ur reply

mona fathy

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:45 AM