Vista Bluescreen causes - an unauthorized change was made to windows RRS feed

• Question

• I run Vista ultimate 64bit on my Macbook Pro and  I plugged in my sansa mp3 player into the usb slot and fumbled the cord.  It made contact just long enough to get Vista to start installing a driver and then bluescreen.  The machine was then locked up and I held down the power to restart.  Only to be greeted with the activation prompt.

I am used to this by now since I run my vista both naitive under boot camp and in VMWare Fusion from the same drive partition.

I have activated the same install of windows about once a week since I installed it. About every time I switch from VMWare to naitive boot or back it wants to be activated "URGENTLY".  I have even had to pull off the highway just to get WiFi so my computer will work again.

Anyway,  I am not running any of the listed programs in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931699

And the instructions do not seem to solve my problem.

I have re activated  and windows seemed to rebuild my user profile, and now windows does not allow me to modify settings or preferences.
    My start menu is not showing recent programs or documents and I cannot change the settings.
    My registry is weird:
    The key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer  
        - first has a lower case "e"
        - second the Advanced does not seem to match forum entries that address the new profile problem

Any Ideas?

Reinstalling under Mac BootCamp can be tricky, I hope that is not the recomendation.
    Enterprise Dev
    Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:30 AM

Answers

• Hello,

It appears you are experiencing multiple problems.  I would suggest contacting Windows Vista support below: http://support.microsoft.com

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:29 AM
    Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:29 AM