Workflows not firing RRS feed

• Question

• We have multi server environment (crm01, crm02 and sql01). Async processing service is running on both crm web servers (CRM01 and CRM02) but workflows are not firning. When I stop Async service on one of the web server (say CRM02) workflows are working fine. We have network load balancer implemented in this environment. Is there any configurations/settings I need to do to resolve the issue when both Async services running?
    Monday, September 20, 2010 9:49 PM

Answers

• I don't think it is right to have the asynchronous service running on two servers in a single deployment.  Network Load Balancing works for the IIS (website) component of CRM but if you want to have protection against computer failure then you should consider Clustering.

You can have a multiserver environment for CRM but most of the server roles can only be on one computer.

Have a look at the CRM Implementation guide for more info.

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:10 PM
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 3:43 PM

All replies

• I don't think it is right to have the asynchronous service running on two servers in a single deployment.  Network Load Balancing works for the IIS (website) component of CRM but if you want to have protection against computer failure then you should consider Clustering.

You can have a multiserver environment for CRM but most of the server roles can only be on one computer.

Have a look at the CRM Implementation guide for more info.

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:10 PM
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 3:43 PM
  • Hi,

Could you please restarted the MS CRM Asynchronous Service on both servers? It could be your one of the server ran out of space .

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Ranjitsingh R | http://mscrm-developer.blogspot.com/ | MS CRM Consultant
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 3:21 AM
  • actually two servers measn it should run one at a time means the response should come from one.

load balancing will be handled.

so its the issue related to the asyn service is running or not on the server which is active now means which is responding.

so just restart the asynch service and check.

Sudhanshu

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 7:19 AM