Validation Issue - VLK - XP SP2 RRS feed

• Question

• Matt,

I am starting the thread here 'til I have time to get this: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012.

Meanwhile, if I were to install this XP CD onto another PC, as you suggested in "tigere's" thread, would the aforementioned tool report the same diagnostics? If so, it'd be faster for me to get this information on another system here in the interim.

Thanks!

Alan

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 9:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Alan,

Thanks for the quick response, this is very interesting.  It does appear you do not have a genuine copy of Windows, I would recommend you continue to work with the MS representative to help you get a genuine copy of Windows.  If you have any issues at all feel free to post back here and I'll do what I can to make sure you get this resolved.

Thank you,

Matt Prall, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 11:44 PM

All replies

• AB66 - I m posting here so I can follow your progress ... and get alerts when you post - I was especially interested in the FX 370 observation ... although I did not notice any unusual activity after installing it - it was only after I returned from CA. and turned on the computer after a couple of weeks off .. imagine my surprise - bought and installed card shortly after Christmas - installed in the Px 16 slot  ... on an ASUS MSNPV-VM board ... recently installed Caligari TS 7.5 as well.

Good luck

Tigere

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 9:36 PM
  • Hi Alan,

As long as you are using the same CD and product key used to install the software on the other machine the results should be the same.  This will give us insight to whether the issue is with the CD or some other component of Windows.  Feel free to do this if you like, however we will not be able to tell 100% for sure that what we encounter on this new install is what is actually happening on your other machine.

Thank you,

Matt Prall, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 9:38 PM
  • I'm in touch with MS, as you were, to determine if this software is pirated. I have the vendor and their phone number, but their email has bounced. I got to them via Pricegrabber and I'm going to cease trying to resolve it with my Visa card company 'til MS gets a lock on this product issue.

I don't want to give the seller a chance to "run" if we need to nab him!

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 9:40 PM
  • Hello Alan,

When you say you are in touch with MS, did you submit a piracy report?  If so I would recommend you follow up with the piracy department as they will be able to confirm for you the genuine status of your software and offer you means for obtaining genuine software (if it is found not to be) at either a reduced cost or no cost to you.  Feel free to provide the MGA diagnostics as well if you like.

Thank you,

Matt Prall, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 9:47 PM
  • OK, I'm on it. I'm installing on an old system that was destined for the trash ;-)>

I'll keep ya posted.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 9:51 PM
  • I called the Validation Dept earlier when this starting rearing its ugly head. In that, I got in touch with a supervisor, Sherry, who has been incredibly helpful. When I googled "the product key found on your pc" along with "rpwby", I found "tigere's" thread with you.

I called her and informed her of this thread and she asked that I run the MGA diag to send the results to her. I'll copy the results here, too.

This system is old with an on-board graphics driver. So, if this is pirated, it's going to show up pretty soon in the process.

What we're looking for in the diagnostics report is the "Validation Status: Geographically blocked PID" statement.

I have to imagine this will be the same since my PID in that setupp.ini file is identical to "tigere's".

Installing to other (test) system now.

More later.

Going out to dinner! ;-)>

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 10:30 PM
  • 1.  What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center, or another version of Windows?

XP Pro SP2

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

Label states "OEM Software"

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

No mfr name.

4.  DO NOT post the Product Key.

Notice the Windows Product Key Hash is identical to "tigere's".

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0066.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Geographically blocked PID
    Validation Code: 13
    Online Validation Code: N/A
    Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-2487J-KWKMF-RPWBY
    Windows Product Key Hash: A6tqZpYlrSkfmUWcaNDswSdRpOo=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-640-8834005-23957
    Windows Product ID Type: 1
    Windows License Type: Volume
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    ID: {FC4BF874-A963-4091-948D-BB446C6AE048}(1)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-171-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: FCEE394C-2989-80070002_B4D0AA8B-470-80070002

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{FC4BF874-A963-4091-948D-BB446C6AE048}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0066.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-RPWBY</PKey><PID>55274-640-8834005-23957</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-484763869-1708537768-1957994488</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Gateway                        </Manufacturer><Model>0AAVWP08</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>0AAVWP08</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20000912000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>19C031C701842069</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Pacific Standard Time(GMT-08:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><BRT/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/></Office></Software></GenuineResults>

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 11:17 PM
  • Hello Alan,

Do these numbers match the last 15 digits of the product key that you entered when you installed Windows: 2487J-KWKMF-RPWBY?

Thank you,

Matt Prall, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 11:29 PM
  • Not even close!

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 11:37 PM
  • Hello Alan,

Can you please provide me with the last 15 digits of the product key that came with that copy of Windows?

Thank you,

Matt Prall, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 11:38 PM
  • *****-*****-VHMR7-8VVKT-TKK8T

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 11:41 PM
  • Heading out. Will check in later or tomorrow. Thanks!

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 11:42 PM
  • Hi Alan,

Thanks for the quick response, this is very interesting.  It does appear you do not have a genuine copy of Windows, I would recommend you continue to work with the MS representative to help you get a genuine copy of Windows.  If you have any issues at all feel free to post back here and I'll do what I can to make sure you get this resolved.

Thank you,

Matt Prall, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 11:44 PM
  • Thank You, Matt.

I'm going to look into the quickest and most legitimate way to resolve this.

I found this site (http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/purchase/QualifyInfo.aspx?displaylang=en&cCode=USA&Error=13&sGuid=9db386aa-73dc-49d0-b970-47648514268a) and hope I may be eligible for a complementary install CD to fix this issue.

Sherry is treating me well, so I believe I'm in good hands from here.

Let "tigere" know I'm sorry he's in the same boat.

I hope he can get assistance from MS, too.

Thursday, February 7, 2008 2:54 AM
  • Alan - I am in possesion of an Retail Full Edition - New/Boxed and against a logo check this is a "genuine" disc ...

which I bought from Amazon @ 240.00.  I have been at this for 8 days ... I have been through the whole validate process at least 6-8 times and a bunch of time ... using both the folder product key and the one that I extracted from the HD via an key finder utility ...and submitted pictures of the complete package to MS ... were I little more computer literate it might have been a easier ... some of this stuff I don't completely understand. We were in the middle of setting up a network system between AZ and CA when all this started up ... I am a little ... ummmm ....perturbed ... I would up load the pictures for examination if I knew how ... but someone went to a lot of trouble - apparently it must be lucrative ... to date Matt and Dan are the only 2 people who have responded to help me kind of understand ...

Tigere

Thursday, February 7, 2008 3:29 AM