none
Create report with multiple groups with headers having several fields / textboxes in each RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Gurus of VB.Net,

I am re-writing my MS Access database to use SQL server & vb.Net Windows Forms in VB. I now need to reproduce a report as per the images below. I can bring all the fields into the report details & then add the PtsMale as a group with a header but after that I can't get to add any other groups with headers nor can I figure out how to add the fields I need in the header I do have. I'm using rdlc as I got just as stuck with Crystal. Can anyone point me to where I can get a walk through on how to achieve this? The images are of the required output & the report in access design view. The "DanceStyle Totals" is a bunch of code in the StyleID footer as it's not a straight forward sum.

Monday, October 22, 2018 11:36 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I would highly suggest looking for a Crystal reports support forum. The following forum you first need to register.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Monday, October 22, 2018 1:39 PM
  • Hi Karen, You recon Crystal will be easier than using the VS2015 report designer which I'm currently trying with?
    Monday, October 22, 2018 1:51 PM
  • Hi Karen, You recon Crystal will be easier than using the VS2015 report designer which I'm currently trying with?

We use Report viewer in a view/model/controller configuration. What is critical is to have your data sources setup properly and understand how to work with expressions in reports.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Monday, October 22, 2018 2:53 PM
  • I have a dataset setup from a stored procedure which returns all the data I need. (checked the results of the query on SSMS. The part I'm battling with at the moment is getting nested grouping using lists. From what I've read I should be able to nest lists to give me what I'm trying to achieve or am I barking up the wrong tree?
    Monday, October 22, 2018 3:07 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, your issue is more related about Crystal reports. And this forum is discussing and asking questions about the vb.net.

https://help.sap.com/bocr

Ask in the following forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Alex

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 8:50 AM
  • Hi Alex, You seem in a hurry to move me to Crystal reports when I expressly said I was using report designer 2015 in my conversation with Karen. I have subsequently gotten to the point where I have nested lists all giving me the required data & look I wanted but have one last issue to resolve which requires a sub-total after the dance genre ie:Ballroom or Latin which is the blue underlined textbox in my initial post & has a code of calculations to achieve it. It's not a running sub or such like
    Wednesday, October 24, 2018 9:03 AM