Locate downloads folder in W8?? RRS feed

• Question

• Title pretty much says it all; in order to download/install AVG Free, ran into a stall. For some damfino reason I was instructed onscreen to "locate downloads folder."

Well, to say I hate W8 is a vast understatement. I cannot find the downloads folder...really I have no idea where to look. Going to Start and being presented with a huge whatever-it-is-called, with all those mysteriously named things, where in the world should I try to find the downloads folder, PLEASE? The "We've found questions similar to yours" list of threads on screen here is no help, and the Select A Forum is mind-fogging because I just do not understand the various titles. Clicked on "Sandbox Forums" because I had no idea WHAT forum to select...Oh blast, what is a person who hates W8 supposed to do in thiis situation?

T I A,

Omnigusted

• Moved by Just Karl Friday, June 13, 2014 5:27 PM Looking for the proper forum.
    Thursday, June 12, 2014 8:43 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 8 forum on Microsoft Community.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, June 13, 2014 5:27 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Sandbox forum is designed for users to try out the new forums functionality. Please be respectful of others, and do not expect replies to questions asked here.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 8 forum on Microsoft Community.

Karl