Downloads are exe files not iso - how to burn RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

Have downloaded vail pre -view but the downloaded images are .exe-files not .iso files. Dobbleclick opens for short moment the command window but nothing happens.

How to burn this downloads to Cd and DVD?

Is it only to rename to .iso?

Best regards

Dieter

Saturday, October 23, 2010 7:23 AM

Answers

• They should be disk images (.iso format) not .exe files. Try downloading using Microsoft's File Transfer Manager (FTM) utility, instead of directly in whatever browser you're using.

Once you've downloaded all the files, check them with a CRC or SHA1 generator to make sure they downloaded successfully, then burn the disk images using whatever software you prefer that can burn a disk image to create a bootable CD/DVD.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Saturday, October 23, 2010 1:36 PM

All replies

• Hello!

Have downloaded the vail preview but the downloaded files are .exe files and not .iso files

Dobbleclick them will open the command window for a second but nothing happens.

How to burn this .exe files to CD and DVD

Is it only to rename to .iso

Best regards

Dieter

Dieter
    • Moved by Ken WarrenModerator Saturday, October 23, 2010 1:37 PM Vail question (From:Windows Home Server Software)
    • Merged by Ken WarrenModerator Saturday, October 23, 2010 1:43 PM duplicate thread
    Saturday, October 23, 2010 7:35 AM
  • Dieter,

You are talking about downloading the VAIL "preview refresh" installation media?
    Where did you get the .exe files? I can see only .iso files in the MS Connect download section?

- Theo. 

No home server like Home Server
    Saturday, October 23, 2010 10:39 AM
  • They should be disk images (.iso format) not .exe files. Try downloading using Microsoft's File Transfer Manager (FTM) utility, instead of directly in whatever browser you're using.

Once you've downloaded all the files, check them with a CRC or SHA1 generator to make sure they downloaded successfully, then burn the disk images using whatever software you prefer that can burn a disk image to create a bootable CD/DVD.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Saturday, October 23, 2010 1:36 PM
  • Thanks a lot for the answers!

After using FTM i got the files as .iso files and could burn and install them withourt a problem

Best regards

Dieter

Dieter
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 5:11 PM