use crm for events & subscriptions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

CRM isn't really our main business, but we have some customers using it with like 5 users.
    They're only using like 10% of CRM.

We've got a customer who wants to use it for:

• Keep track of who attended a certain event or 'party'
    • Which accounts and business relations are interested in which things

Very basic.

The one thing I don't quite know how to set up or to create is the ability to let them 'create' events (for example: christmas party) and let them enter which accounts subscribed for the party and which accounts actually came to the party.

Other stuff like interests, birthdays, ... are basics or if needed I can add fields on the account's card.

Any suggestions?
    Maybe using the standard functionality and abuse the marketinglists or something?

Thanks in advance.

Friday, August 22, 2014 2:09 PM

All replies

• I would recommend starting with Campaigns and see if that helps.  You can add marketing lists of potential attendees, and then they can do "Campaign Responses" for people who actually came.  They also can track prep activities for the events through the Campaign if they wish.

That's pretty basic, but also mostly out of the box.  Just change some field and entity names and you're set.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Friday, August 22, 2014 2:50 PM