CRM e-mail Router Issue RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi, I am having a problem with the CRM e-mail router forwarding mail to CRM.  A mail is sent from CRM to a CRM user.  This is then sent, via a forwarding rule in Outlook 2003, to a CRM router mailbox.  The mail arrives at the mailbox but then fails to deliver to CRM.  The mail is moved into the "Undelivered" folder in the e-mail routers mailbox.  The EventLog entry below is reported on the E-Mail Router Server. 

This appears to suggest either there is a problem with the mail being recieved not being in the correct format.  I have checked the rule in Outlook 2003 and it is set to "Forward as Attachment" and it arrives in the CRM Router mailbox as a mail with an attachment - or - it reports "String was not recognized as a valid DateTime" - I have checked the date and time on the server and although there is a minute or so discrepancu between my client and the server I would not have expected this to cause a major issue.

I have trawled a number of forums\support sites but have been unable to find anything which suggests a solution. 

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Mark

EVENT LOG Entry

#17174 - An error occurred while validating the e-mail message with subject "FW: start again CRM:0011007" in mailbox crm7global@crmmail.hostedcrm4.com. Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.EmailException: An error occurred while trying to extract the attachment from the incoming e-mail message. The attachment must be a "forward-as-attachment" e-mail message. ---> System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)

at System.DateTime.Parse(String s, IFormatProvider provider)

at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangeEmailMessage..ctor(Uri uri, String emailUser, String emailPassword, ServiceLogger serviceLogger, String subject, String from, String to, String cc, String bcc, String timeReceived, String importance, String body, String messageId, Int32 connectionTimeout)

at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.HttpDavRequest.RetrieveMessage(ServiceLogger serviceLogger)

at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangeEmailMessage.ValidateMessage(Boolean isForwardMailbox)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangeEmailMessage.ValidateMessage(Boolean isForwardMailbox)

at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangePollingMailboxProvider.ValidateMessageInternal(EmailMessage emailMessage)

at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.CrmPollingMailboxProvider.ValidateMessage(EmailMessage emailMessage)

at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.CrmPollingMailboxProvider.Run()\r\nSystem.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)

at System.DateTime.Parse(String s, IFormatProvider provider)

at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangeEmailMessage..ctor(Uri uri, String emailUser, String emailPassword, ServiceLogger serviceLogger, String subject, String from, String to, String cc, String bcc, String timeReceived, String importance, String body, String messageId, Int32 connectionTimeout)

at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.HttpDavRequest.RetrieveMessage(ServiceLogger serviceLogger)

Thursday, April 17, 2008 2:31 PM

Answers

All replies