none
Finding my genuine product key

Question

• I've got Vista Home Premium on my laptop that I've purchased several years ago. I'm intending to upgrade to windows 7, but in case I need to go back to vista - I'd like to make sure I've got the product key for the OS that's currently on there. HP, the manufacturer, put the product sticker on the bottom of the laptop and my leg has mostly rubbed off the the label. I've ran the genuine advantage tool, and that seems to give me most of the product key, but is there a way to find the rest?
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 4:23 PM

Answers

• "wewef" wrote in message news:9ede4cd3-6d5e-4685-931e-469d4b0f2d7a...
    I've got Vista Home Premium on my laptop that I've purchased several years ago. I'm intending to upgrade to windows 7, but in case I need to go back to vista - I'd like to make sure I've got the product key for the OS that's currently on there. HP, the manufacturer, put the product sticker on the bottom of the laptop and my leg has mostly rubbed off the the label. I've ran the genuine advantage tool, and that seems to give me most of the product key, but is there a way to find the rest?

You are in the wrong forum – please post with much more detail in the Windows Answers forums, or the support forum for the manufacturer of your machine.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, December 19, 2011 10:03 PM
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 10:25 PM