Lost my product key number RRS feed

• Question

• I have a toshiba laptop & I need my product key number in order for me to get back in. How can I get find my product key number? Help 
    Sunday, September 5, 2010 11:30 PM

Answers

• I have a toshiba laptop & I need my product key number in order for me to get back in. How can I get find my product key number? Help 

Not a genuine Windows XP issue.  Look on the bottom or inside the battery compartment of the laptop for the COA Sticker for your XP operating system.  If not there you are probably out of luck but you may try contacting Toshiba.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, September 8, 2010 10:21 PM
    Monday, September 6, 2010 7:41 AM

All replies

• You can email me at tijedo@hotmail.com. Like I said I lost my product key number. How can I get it.

Sunday, September 5, 2010 11:34 PM

Not a genuine Windows XP issue.  Look on the bottom or inside the battery compartment of the laptop for the COA Sticker for your XP operating system.  If not there you are probably out of luck but you may try contacting Toshiba.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, September 8, 2010 10:21 PM
    Monday, September 6, 2010 7:41 AM
  • You may still be able to get back in using safe mode, where you may be able to do a system restore to a point before this problem occured. Then, if you can get into windows,  go to www.belarc.com and get a free profile of your computer. This profile includes your key number (in the details)  which probably will work to get you back in if the problem occurs again, or if you need to validate. Anyone without a sticker or COA number should find out what it is before it's too late. Also, if you call microsoft and explain your problem, they may be able to solve your problem.

Monday, September 6, 2010 9:55 PM