Invite by Email in LM does not work? RRS feed

• Question

• ---------------------------
    Error
    ---------------------------
    Unable to send e-mail invitations. If you have Microsoft Outlook 2002 or later, make sure it is your primary e-mail program and then try again. If you are using another e-mail program, create and send an e-mail invitation that includes the meeting information from the Meeting pane.
    OK  

I'm running Outlook 2007, the LM Add-in works, but when I am in a conference and click Invite by Email, I get the above error.  Thoughts?

Thanks
    -md

Thursday, April 3, 2008 2:15 PM

All replies

• Try to configure your default email application from IE options

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:11 PM
  • I've verified my IE settings.  Email, Calendar, and Contacts are all listed as Outlook.

Any other ideas?

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:22 PM
  • Are you using vista?

Checkout this article which basically says what I told you to do

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947381

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:37 PM
  • I've run across that KB in the past while researching this issue.

I'm using Windows XP and Outlook 2007.  Both are functioning properly.  I mentioned the LM Conferencing Add-in is working because I did have the Exchange 2003 System Manager installed, but I've uninstalled it and repaired Outlook and, as mentioned, the LM Conf Add-in is working.

I've even verified that the HKLM/Software/Clients/Mail is configured properly even though it specifies it as a Vista resolution.

Any other ideas?

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:45 PM
  • Exchange 2003 System Manager has got nothing to do with LM Conferencing Add-in

But I do know that you may have some problems when installing both on the same machine.

I mean both Exchange System Manager and Outlook

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q266418

I suggest that you remove office completely and remove all system manager components and then reinstall only office and outlook with Office 2007 SP1

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 9:04 PM
  • I have a laptop with this same problem--it has never had Exchange 2003 System Manager installed on it.  I've verified the registry and internet options that Outlook is the default and still get the error.  Any ideas?

Thursday, April 17, 2008 5:20 PM
  • Thursday, April 17, 2008 7:19 PM