Win 7 Build 7600 This Copy of Windows is Not Genuine RRS feed

• Question

• I am posting my own thread because I have not seen an answer that makes me feel like this error can ever be permanently solved.  I have a fairly new HP 6530b laptop. It came pre-installed when shipped in and then our onsite vendor provided tech installed Windows XP on it.  I acquired a new, legal, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit DVD and installed it. It worked for about 30 Days and then it came up with the "not genuine" message.  I tried to activate with the Windows 7 Professional license on the sticker on the bottom with no luck.  I contacted HP and they sent me the recovery disks for the system. I re-installed using the HP Recovery DVDs and everything was fine for 3 months until about 30 minutes ago then I got the message again.  I just made it worst by trying to enter the license number on the sticker again and now the  MGADiag shows a partial key install.  What gives?  Does eveybody have to constantly use their recovery disks to keep this OS running?  Is there a virus causing this and how do I detect it?  If this is how licensing is going to work in the future then I am sure to lose my mind....  Does anyone have answers?
    Sunday, August 22, 2010 3:29 AM

Answers

• Please paste the mga diag report. We can't proceed without it.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, August 26, 2010 6:50 PM
    Sunday, August 22, 2010 3:34 AM

All replies

• Please paste the mga diag report. We can't proceed without it.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, August 26, 2010 6:50 PM
    Sunday, August 22, 2010 3:34 AM
  • No Reply from Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved

Darin MS
    Thursday, August 26, 2010 6:50 PM