Upgrade CRM 2011 to CRM 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to do upgrade from CRM 2011 to CRM 2016. Which is the best way to do that?
    I know that the standard procedure is migrating to 2013, than to 2015 and than to 2016. Can I do this with trial keys for 2013 and 2015? 

The solution contains around 30 plugins and workflows, not much javascript, but good number of custom web applications/solutions that are in the ISV folder. If I understood well, ISV folder is not supported in later versions of CRM. Where and how should I host this apps?

Would you recommend to go with a standard upgrade procedure or use something like Scribe or KigswaySoft?

Monday, May 8, 2017 7:05 AM

All replies

• 1. Trial key should be fine as it doesn't provide any restriction on functionality.

2. Custom web application should ideally be converted to web resources if possible else custom app should be hosted as separate web application either in azure/on-prem with end points updated to use latest service end points.

3. OOB upgrade process should be fine as it does a decent job.

HTH :)

Monday, May 8, 2017 6:41 PM
  • What Roll Up are you on with 2011?  This can cause issues as Roll Up 12 or 13 was a major change for javascript.

There are tools available to check javascript, you may find there is more than you expected.

Matt

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 12:19 PM