none
Sync Framework XML Documentation Files RRS feed

• Question

• Where can I get/find the XML documentation files? I'm talking about Microsoft.Synchronization.xml, Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.xml etc? That way, I can include them in my documentation files.
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 4:29 PM

Answers

• Our code itself doesn't have documentation - we use a different generation mechanism, since we localize that in 11 languages. If you install our SDK, Visual Studio intellisense should pick up our documentation and display it in the IDE or in the object browser. anyway, you should find what you are looking for here:

"%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SDKs\Microsoft Sync Framework\2.0\Runtime\%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%"

"%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SDKs\Microsoft Sync Framework\2.0\Runtime\ADO.NET\V3.0\%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%"

Friday, March 19, 2010 10:23 PM

All replies

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Synchronization Services\ADO.NET\v1.0\EN
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 4:38 PM
  • Thanks - that takes care of Microsoft.Synchronization.Data (and Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.Server and Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServerCe).

How about Microsoft.Synchronization and Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServer?

FWIW, I searched my PC for Microsoft.Synchronization.xml with no success. Same for Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServer.xml.

These are the ones I am looking for because I have references for:

Microsoft.Synchronization
    Microsoft.Synchronization.Data                      <---- solved per JuneT
    Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServer

Thursday, March 18, 2010 5:16 PM
  • What documentation files are you looking for? Are you looking for the files that contain the error message descriptions, or the intellisense files, or the user/developer documentation?

And why do you want to include them? Installing the SDK or Sync Framework should install them on your user machine, right?

Friday, March 19, 2010 12:13 AM
  • Hello Sid,

All of my code includes XML documentation comments.  I use Sandcastle and Sandcastle Help File builder to build help files. When these programs build your help file, they include the XML documentation for the system libraries, such as System.Data. When it comes time for these programs to link in all of the documentation of the Sync library, the information is missing. This means, that whereas, for, say System.DateTime, there is a link to that class's details in the help file, but for SqlSyncProvider, there is not.

Here's more info on XML comments: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/dd722812.aspx

What I am after..

Microsoft.Synchronization.xml
    Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.xml                      <---- solved/located by June
    Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServer.xml

TIA

Steve

Friday, March 19, 2010 5:36 AM
  • Our code itself doesn't have documentation - we use a different generation mechanism, since we localize that in 11 languages. If you install our SDK, Visual Studio intellisense should pick up our documentation and display it in the IDE or in the object browser. anyway, you should find what you are looking for here:

"%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SDKs\Microsoft Sync Framework\2.0\Runtime\%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%"

"%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SDKs\Microsoft Sync Framework\2.0\Runtime\ADO.NET\V3.0\%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%"

Friday, March 19, 2010 10:23 PM
  • Sid,

That's exactly what I need - I have those files - thanks. Man, do I hate Windows Explorer's search capability with its ignoring of many file types.

Steve

Saturday, March 20, 2010 3:07 AM