MS Office 2007 Activation RRS feed

• Question

• For the second time in 8 months, I must do a clean install of my Vista ultimate operating system.  The previous time, when MS 2007 ultimate was reinstalled, I was told by the activation process that the maximum number of was used and it was necessary to deactivate one before i could proceed.  how do I deactivate the software on my laptop prior to the clean install to avoid the lengthy process of negotiating with MS help folks to reallow the same computer.   ????
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 4:28 PM

Answers

• Hello tomkosin,

I am not aware of a specific "deactivation" process for Microsoft software.

If you run into a problem during automatic online activation, your next step is to activate via Telephone where the Activation Wizard generates an installation ID and once that is entered into the automated phone system, it responds with an activation ID.

If there is an issue during the automated telephonic activation, you are given the option to speak with a live activation representative.  The rep is supposed to ask you questions to determine whether your use of the product is in compliance with the End User Licensing Agreement (EULA)/Software Licensing Terms (SLT), and if so, to activate your product.

If the telephone reps inform you of a way to "deactivate" other installations, please come back here and post about it---I'd love to know what it is.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:21 PM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 4:41 PM