Microsoft Money or another program RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I’ve recently had problem with Microsoft Money. I couldn’t import the saved files of money and I had to download the latest UK file for Money. It took me a lot of time though to find the answers and I was very worried that I would lose the files.  Dominic was very helpful and I much appreciate it. What I would like to ask is this. I’ve been using Money for over 12 years.  I’m wondering since Microsoft does not support this product any more is it worth using it or I should look for another one. Tomorrow, for one or another reason I will have to reinstall Microsoft money or I might have another computer with another operating system what then? Why should I go again all this frustration? I think all of us who use money should consider if its worth keep on using this program. What program would you suggest? I live in the UK and I thought choose one that has been designed in the UK but I do not know what sort of support would have. Quicken is said to be one of the best. What you think?

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 9:35 AM

All replies

• Quicken withdrew their personal financial software many years ago at which time I switched to Microsoft Money which I found was a much better product.

I have reinstalled the UK 2005 Sunset version on my one year old PC with Windows 7, my netbook and my new Windows 8 laptop all without issue.

I run Microsoft Money on a memory stick so I can use on multiple machines with automatic backups to local drive. 

I download banking transactions easily from Nationwide (works really well) and Capitalone.

Until it stops working I see no reason to switch

Regards

Stefan

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 2:53 PM