Renew Subscription RRS feed

• Question

• I have a couple questions. For starters I am running Windows Live OneCare Version 2.0.2500.22. I would like to renew my subscription but it is telling me to uninstall OneCare and go to the website to download and subscribe to the latest version. My problem is that I had purchased OneCare around a year ago, and installed it on this computer as well as another computer. It says it is good for up to 3 computers, so I was wondering if I could use the 3rd subscription to renew my existing one on this computer. My next question is do I need to uninstall this version and download the latest one? And If I do will I be able to use this same product key for a new subscription on the new version since I have 1 left?

Thank you.
    Monday, August 11, 2008 4:30 AM

Answers

• A One Care subscription permits you to install One Care on up to three computers. Installing on less than three computers does not extend a subscription. If you renew your subscription you will always have the most current version of One Care because version upgrades are delivered automatically through One Care update so there is no need to uninstall One Care to get the latest version.

Monday, August 11, 2008 1:27 PM