No ciomputers show online on Remote Access computers tab RRS feed

• Question

• After months of having no problems what-so-ever, I just had a major meltdown where the connector icons worked fine, backups worked and I could access shared folders but the WHS Console would not connect, remote access no longer worked and I kept getting the router port forwarding failed messages. After trying all kinds of suggestions from help and forums, I finally gave up and did a re-install. Now, everything works again except that the "Computers" tab on remote access page shows none of my computers as online. But at the same time, the WHS console does show the computers online. BTW, I am able to access the WHS console from the same page. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the computers to show online and then (hopefully) be able to access them?
    I have verified that the user is enabled for remote access.
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 9:45 PM

All replies

• smgeisler said:

After months of having no problems what-so-ever, I just had a major meltdown where the connector icons worked fine, backups worked and I could access shared folders but the WHS Console would not connect, remote access no longer worked and I kept getting the router port forwarding failed messages. After trying all kinds of suggestions from help and forums, I finally gave up and did a re-install. Now, everything works again except that the "Computers" tab on remote access page shows none of my computers as online. But at the same time, the WHS console does show the computers online. BTW, I am able to access the WHS console from the same page. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the computers to show online and then (hopefully) be able to access them?
    I have verified that the user is enabled for remote access.

You might try uninstalling and reinstalling the Connector software on each client.
    Wednesday, November 19, 2008 12:28 AM