none
Help activate, I have valid Win 8 key RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I did a clean install of Windows 10, I don't want to upgrade I want a clean install.  I have a valid Win 8 Pro key from original Win 8 box.  How do I use it to activate this install of Win 10 Pro?

Thursday, July 30, 2015 11:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I did a clean install of Windows 10, I don't want to upgrade I want a clean install.  I have a valid Win 8 Pro key from original Win 8 box.  How do I use it to activate this install of Win 10 Pro?

you can´t...if you want win10 for free then you need to 1st upgrade from existing windows installation and after that you can do a clean install.

I downloaded the iso yesterday and formatted my hdd...well biiiiig mistake, now I cannot activate win10 because there is no previous win8.1 anymore....and of course nobody from MS ever wrote anywhere that this could be a problem... i´m not paying 100 GBP for a genuine win10 for mis-information by MS

Friday, July 31, 2015 6:09 PM
  • Please repost your Windows 10 query to the appropriate WIndows 10 Community forum here...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winactivate 

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 10:05 AM
    Answerer