windows & and Homeserver RRS feed

• Question

• Hey All...I thought I would try dual booting windows 7 with vista on a seperate d works great...but havin a small issue I have an Hp homeserver witch I keep all my music videos and docs on. the share folder work for media player but the hpserver doesn't show up on the network at all....I installed the software found the server and finished install but can't open the shares....could this be missing something any ideas would be helpful...tha a bunch Daryl
    Friday, July 17, 2009 3:49 AM

Answers

• I can ping it yes just does not show up in the network at all...like its invisable.. yet all other network computers and media center show up just not homeserver when I ran the setup it finds the server to do the install once its finished te share folders it setup do not work...open it and says windows cannot access \\hpserver error 0x80070035 the server is working fine works great on all other machines except this one with windows 7 doesn't show up in network and shares do not work  

If your other clients can access your server, then you probably have a problem with your 7 install, and since 7 isn't RTM yet, you might have found a bug with the OS (plus WHS doesn't officially "support" 7 yet).  You could try filing a bug report on Connect.  In addition, there is now a beta version of Power Pack 3 you can download from Connect.  (FYI, once Power Pack 3 is released, WHS will then officially support 7.)
    • Marked as answer by sneric Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:36 AM
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 12:42 AM

All replies

• Hey All...I thought I would try dual booting windows 7 with vista on a seperate d works great...but havin a small issue I have an Hp homeserver witch I keep all my music videos and docs on. the share folder work for media player but the hpserver doesn't show up on the network at all....I installed the software found the server and finished install but can't open the shares....could this be missing something any ideas would be helpful...tha a bunch Daryl

What happens when you try to open the shares?  Do you get an error message?  If so, exactly what does it say?
    Friday, July 17, 2009 4:09 AM
  • says network area not found....the hp server doesn't even show up on in network locations...like its not even there.
    Friday, July 17, 2009 4:10 AM
  • says network area not found....the hp server doesn't even show up on in network locations...like its not even there.

I've never heard of that error message.  If you open up a command prompt and type \\server (replace "server" with the name of your server), what happens?  Can you ping your server by name or by IP address?
    Friday, July 17, 2009 4:30 AM
  • I can ping it yes just does not show up in the network at all...like its invisable.. yet all other network computers and media center show up just not homeserver when I ran the setup it finds the server to do the install once its finished te share folders it setup do not work...open it and says windows cannot access \\hpserver error 0x80070035 the server is working fine works great on all other machines except this one with windows 7 doesn't show up in network and shares do not work  
    Friday, July 17, 2009 4:45 AM

If your other clients can access your server, then you probably have a problem with your 7 install, and since 7 isn't RTM yet, you might have found a bug with the OS (plus WHS doesn't officially "support" 7 yet).  You could try filing a bug report on Connect.  In addition, there is now a beta version of Power Pack 3 you can download from Connect.  (FYI, once Power Pack 3 is released, WHS will then officially support 7.)
    • Marked as answer by sneric Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:36 AM
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 12:42 AM