MS CRM Error after restoration of Database RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello All,

I've Production environment database and test environment database is on the same SQL server instance. I've tried restoring production database to test database. After that test instance of ms crm is no longer accessible.

It gives an error 'invalid user authorization'

'Ungültige Benutzerautorisierung.'  (its a german version of MS CRM)

Die der Plattform übergebene Benutzerauthentifizierung ist ungültig

We've done this before also but then it worked well.What could be the issue this time.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Tapan Desai

Friday, May 9, 2008 12:08 PM

Answers

• You need to use the Redeployment Wizard when doing this.  The CRM DB keeps information about the AD ties (including the servs) in the tables.  If this isn't in sync with the install, it won't work properly.

Friday, May 9, 2008 7:09 PM

All replies

• You need to use the Redeployment Wizard when doing this.  The CRM DB keeps information about the AD ties (including the servs) in the tables.  If this isn't in sync with the install, it won't work properly.

Friday, May 9, 2008 7:09 PM
  • Tapan,

If you are on the same domain the redeployment tool may be overkill.  When I install dev environments on the same domain as my production environment I run a repair at minimum of the CRM server or I just reinstall CRM all together.  The reason you have to do this is because all of the security, users, servers etc are all linked to the production deployment from within the databases.  By running a repair or reinstall, the security and server information gets written over to work with the development box you've set up.

Once you do that, you should be all set to go.

Fronk

Saturday, May 10, 2008 3:16 PM
  • A lot depends on how you want the user security to be setup.  The issue with not using redeployment is that you are tied to the same user accounts in both environments and adding users in one could cause issues withthe other as there

could end up being a discrepency between.  I prefer to keep them totally seperate with seperate AD groups.

Saturday, May 10, 2008 3:28 PM
  • Dear

http://blogs.msdn.com/benlec/archive/2008/03/04/crmdiagtool4-for-microsoft-crm-4-0-has-been-released.aspx

Its because of changes in MSCRM_Config

use Redeployment wizard

Regard,s

Imra

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Monday, May 12, 2008 1:19 PM
  •  

Hello Fronk,

I tried the repair option of CRM 3.0 but still getting the same error. Here another problem is both these CRM instances are in the same domain and CRM related groups for test and prod. instances are renamed in the AD as they use the same AD . So if I try reinstall option on test instance would there be any impact on  Live/prod environment?

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 10:32 AM
  • Tapan,

If you have different AD groups then you have to use the Redployment Wizard.  Otherwise the restored DB Will still be pointing to the Prod AD groups.

Thursday, May 15, 2008 9:48 PM
  • Tapan,

Matt is absolutely right.  If you are on another another domain you have to use the redeployment tool.  If you are not on another domain then your Production AD environment will be used.  I've set up some environments that have 2 CRM systems running on them (one a development environment the other the production system) and things have worked just fine.  You just have to be very certain in your set up that you are not writing to the same DB's, or have custom code (scripts, callouts, etc) pointing to the production environment because that not only will cause problems in your dev environment but could pass data to your production environment without you realizing it.  I would recommend doing this during a time where usage of the system is low just in case things don't go smoothly and you have to roll back.

Good luck,

Fronk

Friday, May 23, 2008 9:02 PM