none
Some problems about using dut tool to transmit signal. RRS feed

• Question

• Now , I can use dut tool to transmit my own signal(BPSK,QPSK,SIN).Thanks!Now I have two problems.

(1)I know the sample rate is 40MHz,but don't know the data rate when transmit signal.

(2)As received the signal,I decode frame,but find the data in the first of the frame and last of the frame is wrong,for example,the frame length is 100 symbols,the 1~10 symbols  and 80~100 symbols are wrong ,but 11~79 symbols is right.what can lead to this result?what can we do to solve this problem?

Thanks for your attention!

Monday, March 31, 2014 8:58 AM

Answers

• 1. If you know the sample rate, and the number of sample of each BPSK symbol, you can work out the data rate yourself. It is just a quiz in communication course.

2. I cannot provide any judgement based on your description. It really depends on the details of your experiment. If you can send the frames in a loop, you may try use 'dut dump' to get dump files at the receiver, and analysis the dump raw file. During our development of 802.11a/b/n protocols, this is a good way to understand what happens in the air. For these protocols, the tool sdscope-11a/sdscope-11b is also helpful to visualize the dump file.

Friday, April 4, 2014 5:02 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• 1. If you know the sample rate, and the number of sample of each BPSK symbol, you can work out the data rate yourself. It is just a quiz in communication course.

2. I cannot provide any judgement based on your description. It really depends on the details of your experiment. If you can send the frames in a loop, you may try use 'dut dump' to get dump files at the receiver, and analysis the dump raw file. During our development of 802.11a/b/n protocols, this is a good way to understand what happens in the air. For these protocols, the tool sdscope-11a/sdscope-11b is also helpful to visualize the dump file.

Friday, April 4, 2014 5:02 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks!
    Saturday, April 5, 2014 6:48 AM