How to test 802.11a code, using a laptop (win7)? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to let sora connect to my laptop whose OS is Win7. I did following:

1. Install SORA sdk1.1 and build the source in free env. The daughter board is USRP XCVR2450, set sampling rate to 40MHz. OS is win xp sp3.

2. Created a unsecured ad hoc network named "sdr" on the laptop. The laptop adapter supports only 802.11a and g. But it seems that I cannot specify the BSSID.

3. Modify sdr.inf and set the BSSID to the MAC address of the laptop adapter, and install the SDR miniport driver.

But sora failed to connect to the laptop, no matter how I adjust the distance. And when I checked the connection status of sora, it showed that sora sent out several packets but received none.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 2:57 PM

All replies

• Why set BSSID to MAC address?

try to broadcast in your laptop, and adjust rxgain, then check if sora can demodulate the signal.

Sen Xiang (项森)
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 8:58 AM
  • I do not know how to set BSSID. Could you tell me how to find out the BSSID in windows? I search online but cannot find the answer?

So far, SORA cannot demodulate the signal from my laptop.

Thursday, April 7, 2011 9:20 AM
  • Open dbgview, you can find the error code returned by demodulation. Adjust rxgain to make it return success.

11a sample auto connects to network with SSID "sdr", so you don't need set SSID.

Sen Xiang (项森)
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 2:46 PM