none
How to create ASP.NET application that controls Access using Active Directory RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am a new developer using Visual Studio 2017.

I wish to create a Asp.net web application that will control (Allow/Deny) access to certain pages based on which Group the User is a member of in a already existing Active Directory Setup on our network(e.g. if the user is Member of "Accounts" Group they will only see Accounting pages).

How will I be able to implement this after creating a new ASP.NET application(project)?

I only know that there is a "Change Authentication" option when creating the solution, but how would I proceed from there?

After that, how would I reference the user's Group value to control page access?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Patrick

Friday, November 2, 2018 6:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Patrick,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, your issue is about the ASP.NET Active Directory development. Since our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, please redirect to this appropriate forum: https://forums.asp.net/93.aspx/1?Active+Directory+and+LDAP and start a new thread to seek for a more professional support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, November 5, 2018 3:18 AM