Comments on Distribution Group functionality RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

When only using DGs the following options don't really work. Or they don't work as I would like them to 

1. When sending an instant message to an AD Distribution Group all the members are included. Even the offline ones which leads to a lot of errors when it comes time to send an instant message. Since there is no offline message functionality, except of course the obvious being e-mail, isn't this unnecessary? Actually this seems to be the case for normal Groups also.
    2. When changing to View - Access Levels it shows no contacts in the Access Level groups. Contacts have to be in a manually created Group to show up there.
    3. View - Sort Contacts by Availability only adds the Other Contacts groups and has no effect on the DGs. I would have like similiar functionality as in MSN where you can simply have the online contacts shown in the group and then have an offline group.

Being able to add AD DGs is an excellent functionality. But I think they should be treated the same way as normal groups.

Regards,

Nóri

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 4:23 PM

All replies

• Thanks for the great feedback. I will forward this to the product group.
    Thursday, May 24, 2007 5:36 PM