For Darin, Need more help with Windows XP Pro Product Key Invalid - RRS feed

• Question

• Darin,

My original post November 8 was the problem with Windows XP Pro Product Key being invalid or counterfeit on a newly built machine.  It had activated fine,  got the updates, and all was going well.  Later on,  when I tried to upgrade Windows Media Player and download Microsoft Defender, it had to validate my OS, and the problem began.   My original post was November 8.  You had checked it as being valid and passed that on to your support team, trying to get a new key issued.  I have yet to hear from anyone.    Since running the WGA, the system became a pain in the neck, since it constantly popped up windows telling me that the computer was running counterfeit software, would not load wallpaper, etc.  As I needed to get that newly built machine up to par, (my wife's system.  She has to be on my network), I purchased a copy of Windows XP Pro from Ebay.  Much cheaper than going to Windows 7.   Of course, after loading that new copy, went straight to the activation and validation process, and all went flawlessly.  Now, all is well with that machine.   My question is this.  Since my other copy of XP Pro would not validate, telling me it was counterfeit, Is there a Microsoft facility, address, that I can send it to just to show them this is really a true copy of the Microsoft OS, and issue me a new key for it so I can use it on another build in the future.   I appreciate all your help.  Thanks.

Monday, January 10, 2011 3:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Darin,

Your support engineer, Chad Howell, contacted me per your request.  Via E-mail, as I did not catch his phone call.  I now have  a newly generated Windows XP Pro product key.  I do not have a machine build I can install the OS on at present, but I assume that all I have to do is to install the OS , then run the Microsoft Product Key Update tool prior to activating and validating.    I want you to know that I sincerely appreciate your superb support and concern you have provided me.  It was OUTSTANDING.  You guys are GREAT!!

Joe Gregg

• Marked as answer by USAFVet Friday, January 14, 2011 3:47 PM
    Friday, January 14, 2011 3:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Joe,

I am very sorry the support team had not contacted you.  I am re-escalating the issue up and will get you a support engineer as soon as possible.

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by USAFVet Friday, January 14, 2011 3:32 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by USAFVet Friday, January 14, 2011 3:33 PM
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 12:53 AM
  • Hi Darin,

Your support engineer, Chad Howell, contacted me per your request.  Via E-mail, as I did not catch his phone call.  I now have  a newly generated Windows XP Pro product key.  I do not have a machine build I can install the OS on at present, but I assume that all I have to do is to install the OS , then run the Microsoft Product Key Update tool prior to activating and validating.    I want you to know that I sincerely appreciate your superb support and concern you have provided me.  It was OUTSTANDING.  You guys are GREAT!!

Joe Gregg

• Marked as answer by USAFVet Friday, January 14, 2011 3:47 PM
    Friday, January 14, 2011 3:47 PM