Windows home Server Connector Software RRS feed

• Question

• I have the Home Server 2003 as my server and my other machine I have Vista Ultimate. I want to use the 64 bit version but i get errors on the connection software. can this be done or do i have to use the 32 bit version?
    Saturday, August 16, 2008 10:52 PM

Answers

•  Emetaphus wrote:

Uhh, I think you might need to provide a little more info than that. Wink

Saturday, August 16, 2008 10:55 PM
  • If your Vista Ultimate is x64, then you should use the x64 version of the connector. Otherwise you should use the x86 version of the connector.
    Sunday, August 17, 2008 12:56 AM
  • As Ken mentioned, you can use the 64 bit Connector version only on a 64 bit OS.

To install it:

Connect to your server via Start/Run and entering \\server\software (replace server with the real name of your home server, if necessary).

Open the folder Home Server Connector Software.

WHSConnector_x64.msi is the installer file for the 64 bit client. So if running setup from the share does not invoke the 64 bit installer (I currently have no 64 bit client ready to try) you can try to double click that.

Best greetings from Germany

Olaf

Sunday, August 17, 2008 8:35 AM

All replies

•  Emetaphus wrote:

Uhh, I think you might need to provide a little more info than that. Wink

Saturday, August 16, 2008 10:55 PM
  • If your Vista Ultimate is x64, then you should use the x64 version of the connector. Otherwise you should use the x86 version of the connector.
    Sunday, August 17, 2008 12:56 AM
  • As Ken mentioned, you can use the 64 bit Connector version only on a 64 bit OS.

To install it:

Connect to your server via Start/Run and entering \\server\software (replace server with the real name of your home server, if necessary).

Open the folder Home Server Connector Software.

WHSConnector_x64.msi is the installer file for the 64 bit client. So if running setup from the share does not invoke the 64 bit installer (I currently have no 64 bit client ready to try) you can try to double click that.

Best greetings from Germany

Olaf

Sunday, August 17, 2008 8:35 AM