Windows XP Pro RRS feed

• Question

• I just ordered Windows XPPro Genuine Adv English NA direct CD and On-line product Key, and Microsoft office Student and Teacher edition 2003.  Can I download them now, or do they come by mail?
    Friday, December 1, 2006 10:18 PM

Answers

• Kathy,

You should be receiving an email from Microsoft shortly, one that will provide details of your order.

The email will have the new XP Product Key and instructions so that you can immediately attempt to "genuine-ize" the nongenuine installation of XP that prompted your order in the first place.

The Genuine Office Offer is a very new addition to the program, so specific details may have to come directly from a MS representative.  My guess would be that Office won't have a Product Key Updater as XP does; rather, you wait for your Office CD to arrive and then uninstall the nongenuine installation of Office you have now, and then install the newly purchased edition of Office you just ordered.

Stay tuned for a more authoritative post from a MS rep.

Friday, December 1, 2006 11:14 PM

All replies

• Kathy,

You should be receiving an email from Microsoft shortly, one that will provide details of your order.

The email will have the new XP Product Key and instructions so that you can immediately attempt to "genuine-ize" the nongenuine installation of XP that prompted your order in the first place.

The Genuine Office Offer is a very new addition to the program, so specific details may have to come directly from a MS representative.  My guess would be that Office won't have a Product Key Updater as XP does; rather, you wait for your Office CD to arrive and then uninstall the nongenuine installation of Office you have now, and then install the newly purchased edition of Office you just ordered.

Stay tuned for a more authoritative post from a MS rep.

Friday, December 1, 2006 11:14 PM
  •  

Whats this all about??? I bought my Windows software with the pc and now after 5 years I´m told its not valid!!! Is this some kind of con from Microsoft to get people to pay yet again for software they have paid for???!!!!????
    Thursday, June 12, 2008 2:53 PM
  • Dear indospan,

Please see this post in the Windows XP Genuine Advantage Validation Issues forum. That will provide information on how to resolve the issue you are experiencing.

Best regards,

Jenifer

Thursday, June 12, 2008 4:46 PM