none
Certificate logo doesn't have certification areas? RRS feed

• Question

• Last week I received notification that I had passed the .Net 4 beta exams I took back in April.  I went to print my certificate and noticed that there is no way to choose the certification areas to include on the certificate.  What's weirder to me is that the logo still has the "sidebar certification area" but all that is in there is the name of the certification again, which is redundant.

I contacted my regional service center and they said that certificates only include the certification level logo and not the certification areas.  Is this a recent change?  They certainly used to include the areas and even the example certificate shown on the MCP site includes the certification areas!

Friday, July 2, 2010 7:26 PM

Answers

• I am not 100% sure if I understood you correctly, but when I log into Certificate Manager, (after completing a level such as MCTS), I can download two types of certificates; One with just the level of certification such as MCTS and another similar certificate with the Level such as MCTS and areas which I passed such as SharePoint Server 2007, configuration.

Hope this is helpful

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    Sunday, July 11, 2010 5:24 AM

All replies

• I am not 100% sure if I understood you correctly, but when I log into Certificate Manager, (after completing a level such as MCTS), I can download two types of certificates; One with just the level of certification such as MCTS and another similar certificate with the Level such as MCTS and areas which I passed such as SharePoint Server 2007, configuration.

Hope this is helpful

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    Sunday, July 11, 2010 5:24 AM
  • Rubel,

That is very helpful.  My problem is that I have only 1 choice - to download a certificate with just the level (MCTS).  I do not have a choice to download a certificate that includes the areas I passed (Such as .Net 4.0 Windows Applications) which is what I would prefer because there are so many MCTS areas, a generic certificate doesn't really say much.

When I contacted the support team, they said that they no longer offer certificates with the areas - they only offer the generic level (MCTS) certificates.  This seemed strange to me, so that's why I decided to post.  Perhaps this is a very recent change that only affects the latest areas?

Thursday, July 15, 2010 1:32 AM
  • Oh man. If this is something new, I dont like it either. I will take a test next week. I will keep you posted if thats the case.

Good luck with your future exams.

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 2:21 AM