Can't Install 64 bit Connector Software on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there first post here,

As the title says im having trouble installing the 64bit connector software on my home pc.I also have a laptop running the 32bit verson of windows 7 ultimate and the software for that installed with no problems at all.

I would like to add that i can use all other aspects of the server from my home pc,remote desktop,view remotly via the broswer i just can not install connect.

I have the 64bit version that i got from windows website and all so tried again from //server:55000 but it still fails.

The install software starts up ok finds the server and starts to download from it and once that is done it gives the following error (paraphrasing)

"The publishsher of at least one of these files is not trusted,if you want to coutinue press next"

so i then press next and get:

"This installation package could not be opened contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid windows installer package".

I just find this very strange as everything else seems to be working fine.

Is there a wat to force it to install?

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.Pete

• Edited by vwsplitty Sunday, January 2, 2011 11:48 AM wrong title
    Sunday, January 2, 2011 11:48 AM

Answers

• I had the install problem on my laptop, 64 bit version. It finally turned out that (even though showing correct time), I had to reset the time (to the wrong time)and restart the computer (laptop) then reset it to the correct time again and restart. Then it allowed me to install the connector software. Weird but true.................

Cruise

right i tried that but no such luck but..................i have just got it to load,im not sure which did it but i turned off the firewall,antivirus and also put a password in for my admin account on the home pc.It has now loaded and found the server.

Pete

• Marked as answer by vwsplitty Sunday, January 2, 2011 8:31 PM
    Sunday, January 2, 2011 8:31 PM

All replies

• No one have any ideads?

Pete.

Sunday, January 2, 2011 6:25 PM
  • I had the install problem on my laptop, 64 bit version. It finally turned out that (even though showing correct time), I had to reset the time (to the wrong time)and restart the computer (laptop) then reset it to the correct time again and restart. Then it allowed me to install the connector software. Weird but true.................

Cruise

Sunday, January 2, 2011 7:23 PM
    • that is very strange i will give that a try now!
    Sunday, January 2, 2011 7:54 PM

Cruise

right i tried that but no such luck but..................i have just got it to load,im not sure which did it but i turned off the firewall,antivirus and also put a password in for my admin account on the home pc.It has now loaded and found the server.

Pete

• Marked as answer by vwsplitty Sunday, January 2, 2011 8:31 PM
    Sunday, January 2, 2011 8:31 PM