temp. diable onecare on vista 64 bit ultimate??? RRS feed

Answers

• It is the same for OneCare running on any version of Vista or on XP. Open OneCare, click on Change Settings. There is an option to disable the firewall on the firewall tab and virus and spyware protection on the Viruses and Spyware tab.

Why would you want to disable it?

-steve

Friday, December 5, 2008 2:46 AM

All replies

• It is the same for OneCare running on any version of Vista or on XP. Open OneCare, click on Change Settings. There is an option to disable the firewall on the firewall tab and virus and spyware protection on the Viruses and Spyware tab.

Why would you want to disable it?

-steve

Friday, December 5, 2008 2:46 AM
  • after I made the post I realized the error of my thinking...I wanted to dis able it to install alone in the dark and see if resolved running issues...ultimate 64..radeon4870, 4 gig mem,amd 3.1 dc, 250 gig hd....cant get it to load up.....going to try it tomorrow after disabling onecare to install game....never played games before so I don't know alot of the why they won't load.....tried to run it last evening and kept shutting down ult 64....any suggestions would be appreciated...Thanks John

Friday, December 5, 2008 3:59 AM
  • The game not loading, but shutting down the PC or crashing Windows can be due to many different things. Go ahead and turn off OneCare to see if that makes a difference, but I think you'll probably want to see if the game developer has support information on their web site. There may also be a forum dedicated to the game where you'll find help.

-steve

Friday, December 5, 2008 8:10 PM