.net 1.1 IIS restarting on copying and deletion of a large number of jpg files RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an asp.net .net 1.1 app that is having problems with IIS restarting when I run code to copy and later delete about 100 images from one (secure) directory to another (unsecured).  I am not touching bin folder, web.config, or global.asa.

I am aware of issues in .net 2.0 where this would be an issue.  But I can't find anything indicating a problem in 1.1.

In my development and test environments I don't see a problem.  Also, at other client sites I don't see an issue.  But at one client site if I go through a process of copying and then deleting a large number of images (more than approx. 90 fails, less works fine) after the report has run, my IIS server crashes with all users (not just the user who was running report) losing their inproc session state.  IIS does not restart--or at least it is not giving back any of its memory until I manually restart IIS.

I have looked at virus protection--which has been disabled for the folders of my web app.

This is a Win2003 server hitting a Win2003 2005 sql server.  The site does utilize virtual machines.  And opens app with IE 6.0.  My app is the only app on both IIS server and SQL server.  .NET 2.0 is installed on IIS server, but not used.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ethan
    • Moved by nobugz Monday, May 11, 2009 12:56 PM forums.iis.net (From:Common Language Runtime)
    Monday, May 11, 2009 12:35 PM

Answers

• Hello ,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest creating a new thread for your question in the forum located here:  (http://forums.iis.net/).

Hope that would be helpful.

Have a great day!

Thanks & regards,

Ashawani Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    • Proposed as answer by ashawani_dubey Monday, May 11, 2009 8:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Marco Zhou Tuesday, May 12, 2009 6:31 AM
    Monday, May 11, 2009 8:57 PM