none
Sync-AzureAnalysisServicesInstance seems to have bug || Sync-AzureAnalysisServicesInstance : Unable to find an entry point named 'GetPerAdapterInfo' in DLL 'iphlpapi.dll'. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm learning Powershell to learn to automate. My question lies here to sync the scaled out Azure Analysis Services(AAS) Server Instance. I am able to connect to AAS server, scale it out but when I try to sync, I face this error:

Sync-AzureAnalysisServicesInstance : Unable to find an entry point named 'GetPerAdapterInfo' in DLL 'iphlpapi.dll'.

Entire piece of code is below:

workflow ScaleOut
    {
        $connectionName = "AzureRunAsConnection"
        $servicePrincipalConnection=Get-AutomationConnection -Name $connectionName         
         "Logging in to Azure..."
          Add-AzureRmAccount `
           -ServicePrincipal `
           -TenantId $servicePrincipalConnection.TenantId `
           -ApplicationId $servicePrincipalConnection.ApplicationId `
           -CertificateThumbprint $servicePrincipalConnection.CertificateThumbprint     
         Select-AzureRmSubscription -SubscriptionId "xxxx-a4c8-1234-123a-xxxx"
         Set-AzureRmAnalysisServicesServer -Name "aasname" -ResourceGroupName "storagename" 

InlineScript { 

$ApplicationCredential = Get-AutomationPSCredential -Name "SA"  
    Add-AzureAnalysisServicesAccount -RolloutEnvironment: westeurope.asazure.windows.net -Credential: $ApplicationCredential

Sync-AzureAnalysisServicesInstance -Instance asazure://westeurope.asazure.windows.net/aasprakhar -Database adventureworks
    }
    }

If I use Test-AzureRmAnalysisServicesServer cmdlet in place of Sync-AzureAnalysisServicesInstance like "Test-AzureRmAnalysisServicesServer -Name aasname-ResourceGroupName "storagename" , the code works just fine.

Can someone please have a look and advise.

P.S: I tried using REST API, since I'm new, could not understand on how to start it and had to return back to powershell.

Thanks in advance.

• Moved by Niko.Cheng Thursday, August 16, 2018 2:12 AM relocated
    Wednesday, August 15, 2018 9:28 PM

Answers