MS Office 2003 Professional Validation RRS feed

• Question

• I work for a company who has recently started having trouble with validating our MS Office 2003 Professional Enterprise Edition. I was not employed with the company when the software was purchased, and my boss, the owner of the company, has no paperwork on the sale or enterprise license agreement. The person who oversaw the purchase no longer works for the company. We have the original CD, Case, and serial, but have no way to prove that we, in fact, purchased the software legally. Is there somewhere that keeps records of our license agreement, so that we could get a copy and thus help with getting validated? Is there some other course of action we could take besides just purchasing new software?

Thanks
    Friday, October 23, 2009 4:48 PM

Answers

• So, I have been reading some other posts and ran across this:

"The specific status reported by the mgadiag report for your Office installation is Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 - 114 Blocked VLK 2 .  This is the code for an installation of Office 2003 Pofessional Enterprise Edition that was installed with one specific Volume Licensing Product Key.  This product key was actually the product key that Microsoft issued to itself for its employees to use at their desks on the job at Microsoft.

****8-****P-****4-****T-3HFDY"

Unfortunately, I believe this product key is the same one that we were given, which means we were obviously conned. That said, where do we go now. Like I said, I do not know who we purchased the software from, so is my only course of action to file a piracy notice to Microsoft? If so, how can I, I don't even know who to report since it was so long ago. Second, to be eligible for new software do we have to have a "quality" counterfeit of both the CD and the COA? I know our CD is either genuine or high quality counterfeit, but the serial was basically on the back of the CD case, and I would not classify it as high quality.

Thanks for your help.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:53 PM
    Monday, October 26, 2009 10:00 PM

All replies

• Hi jonny,

This is not really an Anti-piracy issue, so is technically off-topic for this forum. 

However I an looking for an answer for you.  If I can't find an answer, I hope to be able to direct you to the person/place that does.

In the mean time, would you download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread. 

Darin
    Friday, October 23, 2009 5:21 PM
  • Sorry, I had actually run this diagnostic after reading some other posts, and saw the "Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2" and figured something was up....
    Because of this Blocked message, I am thinking perhaps whoever sold us the software, gave us a legitimate disc, but a re-used serial...what are your thoughts?
    Thanks for any help you may have...

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0011.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0

Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-JCHBQ-TDVJT-V28RD
    Windows Product Key Hash: aPXZ3lANMbpKtX2mWUbUUuwL10w=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2211906-00133
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro
    ID: {FC304DC8-9788-481E-887C-491921C4625D}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.9.40.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

WGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.9.40.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: 2.0.48.0
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 - 114 Blocked VLK 2
    OGA Version: Registered, 2.0.48.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-230-1

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{FC304DC8-9788-481E-887C-491921C4625D}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0011.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-V28RD</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2211906-00133</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1744221208-1033766127-1815119395</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>ASUSTek Computer INC.</Manufacturer><Model>P5GZ-MX</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>0000   </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20070108000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>SNC302EEH,SNC302EEH,SNC302EEH,SNC302EEH</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>54B43CA70184E06A</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Mountain Standard Time(GMT-07:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Systemax</name><model> </model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification><File Name="WgaTray.exe" Version="1.9.40.0"/><File Name="WgaLogon.dll" Version="1.9.40.0"/><File Name="OGAAddin.dll" Version="2.0.48.0"/></GANotification></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>59D1605114E3500</Val><Hash>vfZmaSmFPIYrLWTcZSZErUQg+Fo=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-0000106-57546</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="15" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="16" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="18" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="19" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="1A" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="1B" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="44" Version="11" Result="114"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults>  

Licensing Data-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    BIOS string matches: yes
    Marker string from BIOS: 13EF0:ASUSTeK Computer Inc|10322:GENUINE C&C INC|1F550:Systemax Manufacturing
    Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: SNC302EEH,SNC302EEH,SNC302EEH,SNC302EEH

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    N/A

Monday, October 26, 2009 9:25 PM
  • So, I have been reading some other posts and ran across this:

"The specific status reported by the mgadiag report for your Office installation is Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 - 114 Blocked VLK 2 .  This is the code for an installation of Office 2003 Pofessional Enterprise Edition that was installed with one specific Volume Licensing Product Key.  This product key was actually the product key that Microsoft issued to itself for its employees to use at their desks on the job at Microsoft.

****8-****P-****4-****T-3HFDY"

Unfortunately, I believe this product key is the same one that we were given, which means we were obviously conned. That said, where do we go now. Like I said, I do not know who we purchased the software from, so is my only course of action to file a piracy notice to Microsoft? If so, how can I, I don't even know who to report since it was so long ago. Second, to be eligible for new software do we have to have a "quality" counterfeit of both the CD and the COA? I know our CD is either genuine or high quality counterfeit, but the serial was basically on the back of the CD case, and I would not classify it as high quality.

Thanks for your help.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:53 PM
    Monday, October 26, 2009 10:00 PM
  • Hello johnny-h-less,

The portion of the FAQ that covers the Genuine Office Offer can be viewed here:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx?displaylang=en#ID0EKNAC

From your description it sounds like your company was sold a counterfeit or genuine Microsoft Office Professional 2003 CD and was given the widely pirated Product Key.

I understand your concern over the details of the purchase, but in reality if your company was sold a genuine Volume Licensing CD, you would not qualify for the complimentary replacement, and if the company was sold a counterfeit CD, you would at most qualify for only one free replacement copy of Office, which would be a full retail copy of Office Professional 2007 which is licensed for one person's desktop computer and one additional installation on that person's laptop computer.  It's not like the Genuine Office Offer is going to supply the company with enough free copies of Office to outfit 25 computers.  The maximum number of discounted copies of the Office Genuine Advantage Kit available to a business is five.

What you should do next depends upon how many copies of Office your company would need to purchase.  If you have 5-7 employees, and each employee has a desktop and/or a laptop, then it's likely that purchasing full retail copies of Office (which can be installed on one person's desktop and laptop at the same time) gives you the most for your dollar.  If you have more than 7 employees, then one of the several Volume Licensing plans becomes cost-effective at that point.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 4:23 AM
  • So, basically, in the end, we are screwed either way. Well, it sucks, but it is what it is...I will inform my superiors, they wont be happy. The reason we purchased the enterprise edition is to be able to avoid buying a $130 seat for each system, and allow some room for growth. I understand that it would not be profitable for Microsoft to dish out 100 stations worth of Office software, but you guys need to look at it from the other side too...a company who wants to own legitimate software, purchased an enterprise license (volume license) and got conned. How is a small business supposed to just eat those costs and stay in business. The reality is that Microsoft could easily absorb those costs for the very few businesses that get taken advantage of. In the end, they would probably feel like Microsoft actually cared, a sentiment I am sure is false, and be much more inclined to purchase further software. Just a thought. Ultimately, I know it really is NOT Microsoft's responsibility to help everyone who is a victim of software piracy to recover, but it would be a nice gesture. You could help out a vast number of people just by doing pro-active informing of the general public of what to watch out for when buying new software. That would be the very LEAST you should do...

Thanks anyway...

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 6:50 PM
  • Hi Jonny,

"How is a small business supposed to just eat those costs and stay in business. The reality is that Microsoft could easily absorb those costs for the very few businesses that get taken advantage of."

Unfortunatly, the reality is that if Microsoft started to do that, Companies would start poping up with the sole purpose of claiming they were sold pirated software. Microsoft would send them a bunch of free Genuine software and they would sell it, close the company and open a new company...rinse and repeat ... times 100 or a 1000.

I honestly believe Microsoft would actually like to do what you suggest, but the people that game the system make it impossible without giving away the farm. 

Sorry we couldn't be more help,
    Darin MS
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:52 PM