working in local machine not working in the webserver. please help me............ RRS feed

• Question

• hai gurus,

i am new to this forum. i am getting good responses. thank u to all.

i have  created  http://search.interviewdoor.com . purpose of the project is to create a image dynamically. after enter any value then click on the button. it is giving below error.  in the local pc code is working fine. then go the web server this application is not working.  i have write permissions also to my folder in the web server. still i am getting error. permission means what kind of permission i have to maintain in the webserver. please assist me in this regard.          

thank u. 

regards,

Surprise

Server Error in '/' Application.

A generic error occurred in GDI+.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: A generic error occurred in GDI+.

Source Error:

Line 49: 
    Line 50: // Saves the image and returns the image URL
    Line 51: myPic.Save(Server.MapPath(dir) + "s_" + fn, ImageFormat.Gif);
    Line 52: return dir + "s_" + fn;
    Line 53: }

Source File: c:\Domains\interviewdoor.com\wwwroot\search\Search.aspx.cs    Line: 51

Stack Trace:

[ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+.]
    System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams) +397778
    System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageFormat format) +69
    Default2.CreateStringImage(String myString, String fontName) in c:\Domains\interviewdoor.com\wwwroot\search\Search.aspx.cs:51
    Default2.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Domains\interviewdoor.com\wwwroot\search\Search.aspx.cs:22
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +33
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1436

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

Saturday, September 20, 2008 7:14 PM

All replies

• i have same error, did you solve this problem? or anyone solve?

Friday, December 5, 2008 10:04 AM