Background Color changeable? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    i want to build a deep-zoom picture with hd-view. The problem is, the object (a church) has an L-shape, so there is a lot of room filled with blue-sky.
    HDView-Editor has problems with putting the sky pieces together. The church itself is no problem. What i do now is "free" the church from the sky, and fill the white space with a bluish color.
    But what i would like to do is: Free the single pictuers from the sky, stitch it in the editor, and now define a background-color in the editor. The color is always black, which doesn't fit to the church.
    And best would be, if the background isn't zoomable, to reduce tiles and size.

Maybe an idea for a future build?.

Best regards.
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 12:18 PM

All replies

• The background in stitched images has an alpha of 0.  You can enable alpha blending by adding 'alphaBlend="1"' to your .xml file, and then the background won't be displayed.

Unfortunately, for this to work your file format must support alpha.  .wdp does, but is only supported by HDView (not HDViewSL/Deep Zoom).  .jpg doesn't.  .png does, but you'll probably find the files too big to use over the web.

Perhaps we can add a background color specifier in a later release of ICE.

--Howard
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 6:29 PM