WHS Connector Problems! RRS feed

• Question

• I recently downloaded and installed WHS from the Microsoft website.  After installation and all the necessary updates etc, I tried to installed the Connector software (from the WHS software directory) on anohter machine on the same network.  When I get to the 'enter your password' and I enter the exact password it gives me an error saying that I have entered an incorrect password.  I have been at this for days, I have also tried this on another networked machine and a laptop through wireless connection and I get the same error 'the password I have entered is incorrect' and yet I can log into the WHS server directly using the same password!.  Therefore, I can not install the WHS console on any machine. Can anyone help?

Thanking you in advance

regards
    Ace
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 7:25 PM

Answers

• I fixed the problem by changing the keyboard to a UK keyboard and it works fine now. The local Arabic keyboard must be configured somewhat different to the European keyboards.
    • Marked as answer by Ace786 Monday, April 20, 2009 8:38 AM
    Monday, April 20, 2009 8:38 AM

All replies

• Are you using any special characters in the password (non-letters or non-numbers)? If you are, make sure the server and your computers have the same keyboard language setting. If you say have the server running US and your computers are set to say Finnish some keys generate different characters.

On way to check is to remote desktop into your server, open notepad and type your password. Then check to see that the characters are what you expected.

HP MediaSmart EX475, 2GB ram, 2x512 + 1x120 GB storage. Author of WHS File Manager Add-In, WHS Jungle Disk Add-in and WHS Media Connect Configuration Add-in. http://blog.paks.no/whs-add-ins/
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 9:22 PM
  • I too am having the exact problem.  I can log in fine normally.  I have even tried to change my password to no avail.  I have read about several others with this same issue but there have been no fixes recommended.  It only affects my user name.  I am at a loss to explain.  The only thing I havent done is delete my user account from the server, reboot and try again.  I am worried that I wont get the permissions set correctly again.  I am using Vista x86 as a client.
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 9:32 PM
  • And your username only have a-z and 0-9 in it? How about your password? I once created a user with a special noridic character in it (å). That caused a lot of problems, won't do that again :)
    HP MediaSmart EX475, 2GB ram, 2x512 + 1x120 GB storage. Author of WHS File Manager Add-In, WHS Jungle Disk Add-in and WHS Media Connect Configuration Add-in. http://blog.paks.no/whs-add-ins/
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 9:42 PM
  • I am from the UK based in Dubai, and using a local arabic keyboard on my Servermbut it is set to UK and my other network machine has a UK keyboard. As suggested I tried to type out the password in notepad on both machines, the keys are all correct.  I am using the @ sign within my password and the difference on the keyboards is that the @ key on the server keyboard is located on the number 2 and on my UK keyboard it is located near the Enter key, could this be the problem? I am using Windows XP Professional on my client.
    • Marked as answer by Ace786 Monday, April 20, 2009 8:37 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Ace786 Monday, April 20, 2009 8:38 AM
    Monday, April 20, 2009 2:43 AM
  • I fixed the problem by changing the keyboard to a UK keyboard and it works fine now. The local Arabic keyboard must be configured somewhat different to the European keyboards.
    • Marked as answer by Ace786 Monday, April 20, 2009 8:38 AM
    Monday, April 20, 2009 8:38 AM
  • Guys,

Where can i buy this WHS in Dubai?
    Saturday, August 8, 2009 7:15 AM