none
Need to Create CI-CD Pipeline for a WPF Application RRS feed

• Question

• I need to create a CI-CD pipeline in TFS 2017(TFS is hosted on a server) for a WPF Application. WPF Application is built on Visual Studio 2017 edition & code branch is located in TFS.

A part of CI-CD, I need to first install Agent. I am new with this.

1. So want to know, Do i need to install Agent on the server(where TFS Hosted) only or the Agent can be installed on my laptop as well?

2. I tried install agent on the TFS Server & a default agent has been created. But then while creating build on TFS, receiving issue: "No agent found in pool Default which satisfies the specified demands: msbuild visualstudio vstest Agent.Version -gtVersion 2.115.0"

Pls. help.

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 9:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Coder122,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Since our forum is discussing about the usage of tools and editors in Visual Studio, I recommend you could redirect to Developer Community and start a new thread there to seek for a more professional help.

BTW, About your first question, you could refer to this document: Azure Pipelines agents – Self-hosted agents and you can install the agent on your laptop. About your second question, I think you might need to update agent and please check this document: Agent version and upgrades.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 5:04 AM