Remove Resources from a Team designation RRS feed

• Question

• I have several people who were formerly associated w/ a team that I had created.   Some of them have transitioned to different roles and are no longer part of that team.   How can I remove them from the team in PWA 2010?   The Team Name dropdown box on the Edit Resource screen does not allow me to clear the field.  I'd rather not inactivate and delete them.
    JB Fink
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 8:15 PM

Answers

• I have 2 ideas. First, add an entry to the Team Name lookup table. It might have the name of the new team the resources are now part of, or you might name it "Non Team" if the resources are not part of a team. Now you should be able to go change the resources from the old team to the new one you created.

My second thought is this might be a user interface issue regarding the way that drop down list works in PWA. When you open that list, the selected item is displayed in bold. If you pick another list choice, that will become bold. If you click the selected bold item, will will unbold and you have cleared the field. 

Of course both of my ideas assume you have sufficient permissions to make the edits. You could also edit the resource in Project Pro.

I hope that helps.

Dave

• Marked as answer by JB Fink Friday, December 30, 2011 2:06 PM
    Friday, December 30, 2011 1:18 AM

All replies

• Doesn't it let you clear off the check box for team assignment pool ? is there any other behaviour you are noticing, as in my environment being an Administrator i am able to uncheck the team assignment pool box ?

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com
    Monday, December 26, 2011 6:45 PM
  • Thank you for replying Sunil.   Your suggestion of unchecking the team assignment pool checkbox runs counter to my understanding of the functionality offered by that checkbox.   My understanding is that the box is to be checked only on the resource that represents the team (i.e., the team resource to which tasks are assigned in the project plans).  Then, that resource and all others on the team have the designated team name selected in the team name field.  Is my understanding incorrect?

JB Fink
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:58 PM
  • I have 2 ideas. First, add an entry to the Team Name lookup table. It might have the name of the new team the resources are now part of, or you might name it "Non Team" if the resources are not part of a team. Now you should be able to go change the resources from the old team to the new one you created.

My second thought is this might be a user interface issue regarding the way that drop down list works in PWA. When you open that list, the selected item is displayed in bold. If you pick another list choice, that will become bold. If you click the selected bold item, will will unbold and you have cleared the field. 

Of course both of my ideas assume you have sufficient permissions to make the edits. You could also edit the resource in Project Pro.

I hope that helps.

Dave

• Marked as answer by JB Fink Friday, December 30, 2011 2:06 PM
    Friday, December 30, 2011 1:18 AM
  • Dave,

Thanks for your reply.   You are right on the money with your second suggestion.  Re-selecting the bolded item clears the item from the field.  Exactly what I needed.

Jim

JB Fink
    Friday, December 30, 2011 2:06 PM