Locking a record after its processed RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to lock a record in CRM after its been processed to ensure no one can edit it any more? i.e make it read only without deactivating it.
    Monday, December 9, 2013 10:49 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Is it possible for you to assign record to some specific team and don't add all users to that team, so nobody can access or modify that record ?? Have look into this.

HTH

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Monday, December 9, 2013 11:03 AM
  • Unfortunately, No.  The users must maintain their level of access to these records for reporting and audit purposes.  They just may not edit or delete them.

Monday, December 9, 2013 11:05 AM
  • Ok, then if you don't want to disable record, you need to create some specific field which will track if record is processed or not maybe an option set which will have options "Processed","Not Processed" and need to write plugin on update/delete, which will validate any modification in this record based on this field. For UI you can write JS to make crm form fields read only.

HTH

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Monday, December 9, 2013 11:10 AM
  • HI ,

Add one Flag , which indicates processed record , add a java script to make all fields read only if the flag is set 

kumar

Monday, December 9, 2013 8:44 PM
  • Kumar, I don't think that's going to work in the OP's situation, as you could still bulk-edit the records in the system or in Excel to work around the JavaScript.

I think Mahender is right that a plugin would be needed.

Mauro, why can't the records be de-activated?  You could set up status reasons on them listing them as processed and then set up the views in CRM to still show processed records.  Then you could use a plugin or admin-level workflow to update to other deactivated status reasons as appropriate.  That would be an easier way to manage the records than trying to account for every field on a form in a plugin.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Monday, December 9, 2013 9:45 PM