Accidentally uninstalled WHS 2011 dashboard database RRS feed

• Question

• While uninstalling some applications I clicked on (I believe) the visual C++ app associated with the dashboard and now the only way I can start the dashboard is to disable ALL addins and run in safe mode.  Is my only option to reinstall WHS 2011?
    Sunday, August 17, 2014 1:11 PM

All replies

• Restore the server from a backup?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Sunday, August 17, 2014 1:41 PM
  • I had just done the install and installed all my apps so I was hoping to not have to start over again.
    Monday, August 18, 2014 5:39 PM
  • Hi LSNerd,

Based on your description, I understand that you uninstall some applications, and then can’t open Dashboard as normal. Would you please let me know some details of those applications that you had uninstalled? If anything I misunderstand, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

à now the only way I can start the dashboard is to disable ALL addins and run in safe mode.

When you open the Dashboard directly, did you get any error message?

In addition, as Phil suggested, did you have a good backup for the server? Would you please let me confirm whether you had set up Backup for the server via Set Up Server Backup wizard in Dashboard before this issue occurred?

By the way, please also check log files if find relevant errors on the WHS 2011.

How do I View the WHS log files

If any update, please feel free to let me know.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 3:13 AM
  • For clarification, I uninstalled the database associated with the dashboard so when the dashboard starts, even in safe mode, each one of the components causes an error.  I have disabled all the components and added them back in one by one checking the versions of each. I had two different versions of the Users component and once I got that straightened out it is now functioning.
    Monday, August 25, 2014 1:58 PM