Cannot start RTCSRV service RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to deploy an edge server. Setup is going smoothly up until the point when I attempt to start the services. The RTCSRV service will not start, and gives me error code 1008124830. If anyone has any ideas on what I can do to get this service started, I would be very appreciative.

- Phil
    Tuesday, September 25, 2007 3:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Phil,

Check your event logs, specifically the Application log and the Office Communications Server log. Without anymore info, though, I would guess that the account that RTCSRV is trying to use may be locked out or expired?

Regards,

Matt

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 4:16 PM
  • I have verified that the account is not locked out, and has sufficient privlages to start the service. The event viewer gives the error:

"The Office Communications Server Access Edge service terminated with service-specific error 328684266 (0xC3E93C62)"

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 5:29 PM
  • Having the same issue for the past couple weeks, have done all but rebuild the server from the ground up. Had it working perfectly with the Beta, but now I can't start the RTCSRV service.

The Office Communications Server Access Edge service terminated with service-specific error 3286842378 (0xC3E93C0A).

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 5:41 AM
  • I had the same problem!  Heres what I did to fix it.  Oh yeah let me point out my first mistake, I changed something that caused this! 

1.  Open the certificates snap-in

2.  Make sure that you select Computer Account.

3.  Under Personal, click on the Certificates folder.  Look in here you should see certificates for the public and private interfaces, if you dont move those two certificates into this folder and then start your services!

Hope this helps!

Thursday, October 11, 2007 7:31 PM
  • In my case my server host Exchange 2007 and OCS in same hardware, the problem is wich the Exchange and OCS use the same port 5060. To solve the problem change the port wich the OCS use to communicate.

Thursday, December 13, 2007 1:47 PM
  • We faced the same issue of Error code 1008124830 and 0xC3E93C62(SIP PROXY_E_NO_ DEFAULT_OUTGOING_CERT. We haven't set-up the certification yet. Is certification required at least to solve this issue?

We have checked all of the accounts which RTCSRV is to use.

Could anyone provide resolutions for this

Regards

Yoshi 

Thursday, June 19, 2008 2:51 AM
  • If by certification you mean a certificate, then yes the services will not start without a valid certificate assigned.

Thursday, June 19, 2008 2:55 AM
  • I had the same issue, here is how I resolved.

I removed all the server certificates from the certificate management mmc.
    I imported the intermediate and root certs for my CA, (Digi Certs)
    Rebooted the server.
    After reboot,  I imported the pool cert again from a PFX file.  This was possible since I always export the certificates into PFXf files after I processes them.

The services started after that.

Good luck

Samer
    http://www.appliedtechs.net
    Tuesday, November 11, 2008 6:44 PM
  • I was also facing same issue.
    "The Office Communications Server Access Edge service terminated with service-specific error 328684266 (0xC3E93C62)"

I have two edge server behind load balancer. One server was working fine where as another was giving above error. After troubleshooting for two days I found that there was port conflict.   Alogn with that I was getting event ID 14336. The port 443 was assigned to another web page. Once I resolved the conflict  my issue was resolved.

Regards,

Harimohan Singh

Bangalore, INdia,9886759578
    Sunday, June 7, 2009 8:20 PM
  • thanks whoever post this , you guys save my life
    thanks
    • Proposed as answer by Indunil Wednesday, December 16, 2009 7:33 AM
    Sunday, December 13, 2009 5:35 PM