Huge difference in indexed pages by webmaster tool and site: command ? RRS feed

• Question

• I am asking this question with regard to our domain kfupm.edu.sa. We have many subdomains for which i frequently submit sitemap through using webmaster tools. The is with regard to the site www.kfupm.edu.sa . I have two questions

1) when i see the no of indexed pages using the webmaster tools i see the result as 57,700 and when i click the same i could view the result as 5,290. I get the same result when i use the command (site:www.kfupm.edu.sa).

Last crawled: 10/23/2008 Indexed pages: 57,700
    Domain score:
    Blocked: No

2) In google i have nearly 550,000 pages indexed and in yahoo nearly 240,000 pages where as for live i could see only 18,000.

Friday, October 31, 2008 10:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Firasat,

I am researching this issue and will get back to you as soon as I have more information for you.

Thanks,

Brett

Friday, November 21, 2008 8:06 PM
  • Hi,

I wanted to follow-up with you to let you know I'm still researching this. Has there been any change (positive or negative)?

Thanks,

Brett

Friday, December 5, 2008 7:18 PM
  • You are still reseaching it. Taking you a long time, I guess you use live to do your reseach.

Friday, December 12, 2008 6:56 PM
  • Hi Brett,

There has been no change still the indexed pages for our main website www.kfupm.edu.sa shows Indexed pages: 27,500 . But when you use the site:www.kfupm.edu.sa command from live.com it comes to Web 1-10 of 4,510 results.

-Firasat

Monday, December 22, 2008 5:34 AM
  •  Dear members,

Looking for the help on the issue of indexing as it has taking a long time to get it resolved.

-Firasat
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 6:18 PM