none
SyncToy cannot find existing folder pair using command line

Question

• I'm trying to use SyncToy (via command line) to first remove a folder pair if it already exists, and then recreate it.  The reason for this is that the 'included' files paramer must be changed for all existing users, so the batch file will be run on login.

Thus far I have the following, which as works but with a problem; No matter whether or not the folder pair actually exists, using the `-u` switch to remove it results in SyncToy throwing an error saying that it does not.  Manually removing the pair results in creation of a new pair using the `-d` switch.

The error that is thrown reads "A folder pair with the name  was not found".  The fact that the name is missing from the error suggests that SyncToy is not properly reading the name from the command prompt.

Here is the batch file that I intend to use -

"%programfiles%\Synctoy 2.1\SyncToy.exe" -u "Backup of Lotus Notes Names.Nsf and ID File"

"%programfiles%\Synctoy 2.1\SyncToy.exe" -d(left="C:\Users\%username%\ApPData\Local\IBM\notes\data",right="P:\My Backups\Lotus Notes",name="Backup of Lotus Notes Names.Nsf and ID File",operation="echo",included="names.nsf;*.id;*.bucf;")

Exit

Does anybody know how I might fix this problem?

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 1:51 PM