error code 0X0C600C03 ---does this happen when you are infected with a trojan? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Okay, I was surfing, got an alert which looked like it was from windows, it scanned & quarantined. It was a trojan:Win32/Alureon.EC. I had been noticing my pc acting funny earlier, after looking my updates last did anything on 9/14. I have vista, 32 os, I had superantispyware & also malware bytes. Windows defender did a scan and showed nothing. I can not open either spyware programs, my pages are re-directed to other sites. I can not download updates, microsoft malicious software tool removal, tried onecare (in safe-mode) and only got to file 8 and than showed the above error code? Any suggestions, please I can not get this off or scan with anything! thnx
    Friday, September 24, 2010 5:53 PM

All replies

• Alureon is a very difficult infection to remove as it includes root kit functionality and usually carries additonal infectious payloads.

If you are in North America, you can call 866-727-2338 for help with virus and spyware infections. See http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx for details. For international information, see your local subsidiary Support site.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Saturday, September 25, 2010 8:48 PM
  • By the way, if you are using the free malwarebytes and superantispyware products, you are not running antivirus software and the PC is unprotected from many threats.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Saturday, September 25, 2010 8:49 PM