Close Opportunity - Activate Competitor Field RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

In the close opportunity dialog box, how can you activate the competitor field with a "won" status. We would like to enter a competitor and why we beat them.
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 8:25 PM

Answers

• Another option is to add the Competitor to the Opportunity before you Win, lose or otherwise.  You can do that from the left navigation menu on the Opportunity form.  Then when you close the Opportunity as Won or Lost, you'll have the association and you can add the reason in the dialogue box.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by jbogrbs Friday, October 9, 2009 2:11 PM
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 8:51 PM

All replies

• Another option is to add the Competitor to the Opportunity before you Win, lose or otherwise.  You can do that from the left navigation menu on the Opportunity form.  Then when you close the Opportunity as Won or Lost, you'll have the association and you can add the reason in the dialogue box.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by jbogrbs Friday, October 9, 2009 2:11 PM
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 8:51 PM
  • That was very helpful as I see that I can create a view looking for opportunities won vs a certain competitor. Thank you.

Any other way to just activate the box/field for competitors in the close opp dialog box.
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 9:16 PM
  • That is a good question and my guess is that you will need to make some unsupported changes to application.  I think the file for the form is named dlg_closeopp.aspx.  You can have a look at the SDK and the form to see if you can identify what is needed to make the change understanding that it is not supported.

I would steer the client in the direction of using a supported method and tout the advantage of being able to track wins and losses against multiple competitors for each opportunity.  The other method limits you to only one competitor.

Best Regards, Donna
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 10:49 PM
  • Yeah. I am the client, so I'm not a fan of going unsupported. Thanks for your help!
    Friday, October 9, 2009 2:11 PM