MCITP: EA vs MCITP: SA vs MCITP: EMA RRS feed

• Question

• All,

My hopes is to become certified as MCITP: EMA, and get a job as a messaging admin then messaging engineer, and eventually get my MCM for Exchange. I have already cleared the 70-640.

How do these three certifications stack up in the job market? Lot of employers only know MCSA and MCSE. Does someone who's focus is messaging need the MCITP EA or SA, and if so, which one? Is SA good enough?

Is there a big need for messaging admins ?

please help
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 12:37 AM

Answers

• Having any one of them will be of benefit.  There is a demand for people who know and understand Exchange Server, but there's also a demand for those that understand both Server 2008 and Server 2003, and can plan out a proper AD structure.

What you need to determine is where your skills and interests lie, and pursue the proper learning course.  Having just a certification is no guarantee of a job.  Also, don't base your choice of certification based solely upon the almighty buck.

• Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, January 14, 2010 9:07 PM
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 2:27 AM
    Answerer
  • Firstly, I agree with Charles .All of the Microsoft certs ,especially the latest certs have a great demand in the market .you are confused ,because you don't know what you are interested in .
    personnally ,MCITP: Enterprise Administrator is the hardest and most promising according to my friends' experiences .
    Besides  you can get some search in some blogs or other forums to get the useful information for reference to help you give better choice .

Hope it useful for you .

_______
    Microsoft experience http://www.microsoftkit.com
    Trainig http://www.getinmore.com

Wednesday, December 30, 2009 3:25 AM

All replies

• Having any one of them will be of benefit.  There is a demand for people who know and understand Exchange Server, but there's also a demand for those that understand both Server 2008 and Server 2003, and can plan out a proper AD structure.

What you need to determine is where your skills and interests lie, and pursue the proper learning course.  Having just a certification is no guarantee of a job.  Also, don't base your choice of certification based solely upon the almighty buck.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009 2:27 AM
    Answerer
  • Firstly, I agree with Charles .All of the Microsoft certs ,especially the latest certs have a great demand in the market .you are confused ,because you don't know what you are interested in .
    personnally ,MCITP: Enterprise Administrator is the hardest and most promising according to my friends' experiences .
    Besides  you can get some search in some blogs or other forums to get the useful information for reference to help you give better choice .

Hope it useful for you .

_______
    Microsoft experience http://www.microsoftkit.com
    Trainig http://www.getinmore.com

Wednesday, December 30, 2009 3:25 AM
  • Hello,

Firstly, thank you both for your replies.

Now, I am not "confused", my interest is in messaging, and I know MS has the IT Pro cert for messaging, I was just inquiring as to if a person would need multiple certifications to land a job/be successful. When I say multiple certs, I don't just mean the piece of paper, I mean the knowledge that comes along with them. Prior you had MCSE w/ Messaging, but according to MS, they restructured their certifications to reflect job roles. That tells me that if I like messaging, I should go for those exams, but in the real world, I don't want to assume that is happening, which is why I asked what I asked.

As well, do you have a suggestion for job searching websites? I am familiar with hotjobs.com and monster.com. Are there better ones employers are posting on for MS professionals?

thx
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 3:40 AM
  • Hello,

Firstly, thank you both for your replies.

Now, I am not "confused", my interest is in messaging, and I know MS has the IT Pro cert for messaging, I was just inquiring as to if a person would need multiple certifications to land a job/be successful. When I say multiple certs, I don't just mean the piece of paper, I mean the knowledge that comes along with them. Prior you had MCSE w/ Messaging, but according to MS, they restructured their certifications to reflect job roles. That tells me that if I like messaging, I should go for those exams, but in the real world, I don't want to assume that is happening, which is why I asked what I asked.

As well, do you have a suggestion for job searching websites? I am familiar with hotjobs.com and monster.com. Are there better ones employers are posting on for MS professionals?

thx

Check www.dice.com

It mainly focuses on IT. Good Luck
    Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    Sunday, January 10, 2010 5:11 PM
  • i know this thread is a few months old now, but there is no reason why you cant get all the MCITP certs you mentioned above, i gained my MCITP:EMA today, my next goal is to upgrade my MCSA to MCITP:SA and then maybe look at the MCITP:EA, but thats many exams away :)
    Friday, October 15, 2010 2:26 PM
  • There is a great deal of Exchange work currently because many firms have delayed upgrading their Exchange versions. However, you will be working yourself into a corner and be dedicated to Exchange for a long time (not a bad thing). Also, try Microsoft's careers web site. They are always looking to Exchange consultants to travel the globe.
    Friday, December 10, 2010 10:53 AM