help Reading synchronisation errors from script RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have created a fully automated vbs script that creates all neccessary folder pairs and runs the synchronisation and it all works perfectly.  The only downside is that it does not provide enough information from its output, such as the files it couldnt copy or access.  The output provides an overview of information with regards to the whole process, such as how long it took, how many files it had copied and how many files it couldnt copy.  What I want to accomplish is to display the actual errors, such as the actual files not copied as seen in the GUI.  I have tried playing around with vbs and reading the stderr stream, but nothing seemes to be streamed into this property.

Has anybody managed to read this information into a log file and if so how??

Thanks

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 1:27 PM

All replies

•  

Another thought on this one is that the application is doing what it is supposed to as it does perform a sync fine and reports problematic files that it couldnt copy.  This is the information that I would like to read in the script so that I can see which files (including names and locations) did not synchronise via a wscript echo, rather than a summary displaying how many files didn't complete.
    Friday, July 4, 2008 9:32 AM